Helpful Hints to Remember when Stampeding
Divorce rates increase after Calgary Stampede. This is the trend. Clichés like “It’s not cheating — its stampeding” certainly can cause anxiety to those already in a rocky relationship.
As we look forward to the Stampede, people are filled with a combination of excitement and nerves around what just might unfold in the next few weeks. For those not in a relationship, there is the potential promise of meeting Mr. or Mrs. Right and for those in a relationship, there is the prospect of having a great time either together or alone. While the majority look to the time to just get out, have a good time and take a well-deserved breather from the fast pace of Calgary life, some are looking to check out if the grass is greener.
So a few helpful hints:
- Everyone looks better after a few too many drinks
- Cowboy hats and boots are like Candy. It looks good but can be bad for you.
- Try and avoid drinking out late without your significant other
- Stampede is a great Calgary tradition the city is very proud of, so show it in good light to the out-of-towners and your colleagues
- Remember there are sober people partying as well and they will remember everything
- Basically, everyone around you has a cell phone with the potential for photos, or worse, video recording
- Calgary is a growing but small town where everyone knows everyone, so whether you are married, involved or single, remember someone at that next table count know your parents, teach your kids or know your employer
- Dress up sexy in your boots and hat for your spouse — create some fun as a couple
- Do not send your wife and kids to the cottage while you stay home and “work”